Did you know…
- Many successful adults who love their careers relish the opportunity to make a difference in teenagers’ lives. Becoming a mentor through the Hall County Honors Mentorship Program provides a unique opportunity to impact a young person’s development. The mentor’s relationship to his or her student will enable a high-achieving teenager to make a dream career a reality.
- A major concern for businesses is that new employees are not prepared for the demands of the workforce. Many do not have the skills, knowledge or attitudes needed to succeed in today’s fast-paced, high-tech business environment. By equipping students with the skills and knowledge they need, the Honors Mentorship Program will prepare students to be successful in today’s working world.
- Business and school partners make our community stronger. The Hall County Honors Mentorship Program creates a way for personal involvement by creating relationships between adults and children that further strengthen our community.
- Serve as a role model, guide and direct the student, provide insight and skills, be a positive motivator, help the student understand the realities of the career field, introduce the student to others in the organization, provide opportunities to learn career-related technology and how the career fits into a global society, and listen and share practical wisdom.
- Provide meaningful and realistic learning opportunities for the student. Students are required to mentor a minimum of 4 hours each week for the school year. Mentoring hours are flexible and depend on the mentor and student schedule. Hall County Honors Mentorship is a non-paid learning opportunity.
- Share the motivational and enthusiastic moments of the career area with the mentee. Mentees tend to be characterized as highly-motivated individuals with a thirst for success. Through encouragement, enthusiasm and support mentors can motivate mentees to follow their dreams as they begin the educational pursuit required to fulfill their goals.